World War Key is an upcoming graphic novel series published by IDW publishing that succeeds Locke & Key as a sequel and prequel. The series is expected to run thirty-seven issues across six books. The Golden Age serves as the prelude arc, "World War 0", to the series.
At the 2019 San Diego Comic-Con, Joe Hill confirmed that a new Locke & Key series called World War Key was in the works. Hill puts it is "about the idea that the past is never gone... and I think a lot of ghost stories are about ways the past keep bleeding through to the present. We'll visit the Revolutionary War, Civil War, and World War II to show how those past events have had lingering effects on our heroes today.
A three-part story in the Golden Age volume "Locke & Key: In Pale Battalions Go" was released in the summer of 2020, featuring characters from the Golden Age stories Locke & Key: Open the Moon and Locke & Key: Grindhouse. It also serves as the introduction into the Locke & Key/The Sandman crossover comic, "Hell & Gone", around February 2021 featuring the Key to Hell.
World War Key will examine the lineage and future of the Locke family. The first arc will cover the keys during the Revolutionary War, while the following arc will revisit the characters of Locke & Key in modern-day and how the events of the Revolutionary War effect them today.
|1||Locke & Key: Small World||December 21, 2016|
|2||Locke & Key: Open the Moon||November 23, 2011|
|3||Locke & Key: Face the Music||TBA|
|4||Locke & Key: ...In Pale Battalions Go... #1||August 26, 2020|
|5||Locke & Key: ...In Pale Battalions Go... #2||October 7, 2020|
|6||Locke & Key: ...In Pale Battalions Go... #3||December 16, 2020|
|7||Locke & Key: Hell & Gone #0||December 9, 2020|
|8||Locke & Key: Hell & Gone #1||April 14, 2021|
|9||Locke & Key: Hell & Gone #2||September 28, 2021|
- 10 Years of Locke and Key: The Creators on the Journey So Far
- Locke & Key Creators Confirm More Comics Are on the Way
- Locke & Key: Grindhouse. August 29, 2012
- Escape Hatch -37: Ride On
- Locke & Key's Next Comic Will Be a 'Gateway to a Larger Story'
- Previews World: LOCKE & KEY SANDMAN HELL & GONE #1
- Locke & Key/Sandman Crossover by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez From IDW/DC in October
- Locke & Key/Sandman Crossover Details Revealed by Joe Hill
- Locke and Key Creators Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez Reveal More Comics on the Way
- Worlds collide in exclusive first look at Sandman / Locke & Key comic crossover
- Joe Hill Gives Update on Locke & Key/Sandman Crossover
- DC delays Justice League, Batman / Catwoman, 26 more comics due to supply chain issues
- Locke & Key/Sandman: Hell & Gone #2 on comixology
- Locke & Key: Dog Days/Nailed It. November 6, 2019