|This article is about Rendell Locke from the Netflix adaptation.. You may be looking for Rendell Locke from the graphic novels.|
Little is known about Rendell's history other than that when he was younger, he would use the keys often with his brother, Duncan. They would often use the Ghost Key, and had many conversations with Chamberlain Locke.
Later, he reveals the existence of the keys to his friends, including Ellie Whedon and Lucas Carravagio. They enjoy the keys for an unexplained amount of times, however when they use the Omega Key to open the Black Door in the Drowning Cave, they allow Dodge, a demon from another world, to enter their world and possess Lucas. Lucas later killed numerous of their friends before Rendell himself kills Lucas. With this, Erin, Mark, Rendell and Ellie split the remainder of the keys between them and vow never to use the keys again.
Years later, Dodge convinces Sam Lesser to find the keys for her. He attacks Rendell and the Locke Family and ends up killing Rendell before being arrested by the police. This triggers the Locke Family to move to Keyhouse where their nightmare begins.
- Season One
- Welcome to Matheson (Flashback/mention only)
- Trapper/Keeper (Flashback/mention only)
- Head Games (Flashback/mention only)
- The Keepers of the Keys (Flashback/mention only)
- The Black Door (Flashback/mention only)
- Dissection (Flashback/mention only)
- Ray of F*ing Sunshine (Flashback/mention only)
- Family Tree (Flashback/mention only)
- Echoes (Flashback/mention only)
- His friend hid many keys and lit himself into flames, but Dodge still found the keys with the help of Sam, who she originaly lied too.
- Rendell is responsible for killing Lucas, who disguised as Dodge originally, and removing Duncan's memories.
- Chamberlain Locke revealed that he and Duncan used the Ghost Key regularly as children.
- He hid the Omega Key inside of his head and was one of the only ones to know where it was hidden.