To be written
The Ghost Key allows the user to become a ghost when they pass through the Ghost Door.
The ghost seems to be a representation of the individual's soul. When the infected soul of Lucas Caravaggio passed through the door, the demon could be seen "attached" to his ghost. The ghost may not be seen or heard, except by other ghosts, or by Rufus Whedon. Ghosts can see and hear, however, and can, therefore, gain information with it.
Ghosts can teleport to people they think about, or may be summoned when other people think about them. The ghost itself is confined to Keyhouse.
Ghosts can alter their appearance to some extent. Dodge was able to change his ghost's gender, and Sam Lesser was able to "dress" his ghost in military equipment. Both ghosts were able to manifest weapons when they fought, Dodge using a fencing saber and Sam using a chainsaw.
When more than one ghost enters the same body, they can attempt to wrest control over the body from each other.
To return to "life", the ghost simply needs to return through the Ghost Door. They will wake up in their body, even if their body has been moved. If there is no living, "empty" body to enter, the person may be stranded as a ghost. If the door is closed before the ghost returns to their body, they are stuck as a ghost forever, as the body dies.
The Ghost Door is an exterior-facing door located in the winter study on the East side of Keyhouse. The door handle has a skull on it, like the key. The Ghost Door is "activated" by using the Ghost Key first, after which multiple people may become ghosts.
|Bode Locke||Light Blue|
|Tyler Locke||Light Green|
"onlee in occasionull daith do I find peece now, for with the bode caste aisyde, it is possibull for one to know his own ETERNAIL SOULE. My spairt cannot leeve the grounds of Keyhowse, but heyre I walke laike an aingel! I aim everywhare and nowhare at once, from the tall's towair, to the deepst caves. It is hard to dreem thaire could be any dore more terryble or wondairfulle than that wych dyvydes deth from lyfe, yet my expairances at the thraishold of the black dore have teach'd me thair are worse things than to dyye."
- Connor Jessup who plays Tyler Locke, and Genevieve Kang who plays Jackie Veda in the Netflix series both stated in interviews that the Ghost Key was their favorite Key.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #1, "The Haunting of Keyhouse". November 11, 2009
- ↑ Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft #3. April 9, 2008
- ↑ Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft #2. March 12, 2008
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft #6. July 30, 2008
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Locke & Key: Keys to the Kingdom #6, "Detectives - Part 2". April 27, 2011
- ↑ Dissection
- ↑ Locke & Key: Grindhouse. August 29, 2012
- ↑ ‘Locke and Key’: Connor Jessup has one key he hopes to see in a Season 2
- ↑ 'Locke & Key' star Genevieve Kang says her character Jackie Veda is the 'moral compass' of this story